After weeks of preparation and with my backpack loaded after a couple of re-packings, I am set to go. I have laced up my boots, checked final details and prepare to take the first steps towards walking the Camino, the pilgrimage route of approximately 800 kms. Destination - Santiago de Compostela. Here lie the bones of St. James the Apostle but many taking this route have no belief in saints, church or even God. Maybe I will discover what compels us all to take this journey.
Yeah! I will be checking your blogs daily! Can't wait to see the pictures, too.
ReplyDeleteSweet Chris-I lit a candle yesterday (11th) at about the time I thought you were taking off. Now you are on "terra firma" Spain (I knew that Catholic Latin would come in handy one day!). I am walking hip to hip with you each day and smiling at your "ballsy Brit self"!!! Morgana
ReplyDeleteBon soir Christine! Je te souhaite un voyage fantastique! xxxxx
ReplyDeleteThat was me Pam Greenfield :D btw!!!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you Chris, and your life changing Walk.
ReplyDeleteBoy, when you come to a decision, it's a doozy! Who would have thought this is what you were leading up to?
Sending love and hugs,
Bethany xo
seconding the 'doozy decision'! With you in spirit , love mags & bones
ReplyDeleteHi Christine
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear from you. Remember to take it slow and easy the first week. Thinking of you and your wonderful adventure.
Cheers
John